Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lost text during change to new tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vivien

Vivien Report 15 Aug 2012 21:01

I have lost most of the text relating to the people on my tree during the changeover to the new style tree. I loved the layout of the old tree and hope it will be reinstated otherwise it is good-bye from me to GU. I can,t understand why they did not give us any notice that this would happen as I would have backed up my tree. I have spent three years creating it and adding all the information that I could regarding my ancestors. All the text that is on the new tree is the basic information and even some of that is missing. I don,t often get angry but this is such a shoddy way to treat loyal members. Has anyone else had a similar experience ? Viv :-(

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 15 Aug 2012 21:09

Hi Viv

I'm with you! Why mend something if it aint broke????
I havent a clue with this new tree. All my notes lost!...i think.
Angry and fed up
Geraldine

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Aug 2012 23:50

Read this thread where Porkie Pie has made some suggeston which might help.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1308300

Huia

Huia Report 16 Aug 2012 08:10

Your notes and photos are not gone, they are merely hidden. Over on the right hand side there is an arrow (I think). Click on it and then you are offered the options of photos, notes, etc.

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 16 Aug 2012 08:11

Vivian not sure what you mean you have lost your notes.

Are you talking about the Note field under the Extras.
Click on the 2 arrow square box far right and all the details slide out.
Scroll down

I have checked mine everything is there. Also looked at my cus who writes the most detailed long notes needing loads of scolling to read. All is there.

Give us a clue and we might be ble to help you
:-D :-D