Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Look UP on 192

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 16 Aug 2012 21:44

Hi does anyone have a subscription to 192 that could help me? Not used this site for quite a while. Went in to find my cousins address and find the smallest number of credits you can now buy are £29, I only want one address.

The name is Tony A Dipper & Doreen A Dipper, ther is only one Tony Dipper is on the 2011-12 electoral role. Have lost touch over the years but am visiting the area they used to live and hoping they are still there.

Thanks very much to anyone who can help.

patchem

patchem Report 16 Aug 2012 21:53

Try bt online, which has D A Dipper in Fareham.

Does 192 do subscriptions?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 16 Aug 2012 22:01

Thanks for your reply, thats the right person, they have moved since I last contacted them.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 16 Aug 2012 22:05

No subs to 192.com unfortunately!
Jan

Rambling

Rambling Report 16 Aug 2012 22:14

Still able to buy 6 credits as far as I can see

6 Credits £9.95 (£1.66 each) + VAT

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 17 Aug 2012 15:19

If he's on BT Online, then he isn't ex-directory and will be in the telephone book. Copies of all Telephone Directories are usually held in public libraries.

patchem

patchem Report 17 Aug 2012 18:12

Andysmum,
I do not understand what you mean, the number and address show on bt online, so why go to a library?

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 17 Aug 2012 21:34

Don't you have to pay to look at BT Online? Perhaps I misunderstood Jacqueline's last post, above.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 17 Aug 2012 22:08

BT online is free.
Jan

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Aug 2012 10:18

Here's the BT phone book

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com

On the 'Find a person' tab

Put in Dipper and Hampshire.

D A Dipper is the first listed.

If you 'know' the address is out of date, write to the current occupiers who may be able to give you his new one.

patchem

patchem Report 18 Aug 2012 12:39

'D A' I assume is Doreen, which implies there is no Tony.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Aug 2012 17:51

That's true Patchem. Mind you, amongst our family, one male is a teacher. Rather than go ex-directory, the phone is registered in his wife's name

There is a Tony A in Fareham on

https://www.livingrelativesearch.co.uk/search/preview
(free search)

Unless Jacqueline is willing to pay for credits, either on the above or for 192, its probably still worth writing to Doreen.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 20 Aug 2012 13:45

Thanks everyone for your help. Jackie