Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Tree diagram template

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 18 Aug 2012 16:44

hi,

Can anyone recommend a nice family tree template (electronic version) that I can get hold of - preferably free - simple enough for older members of my family to understand. Have looked online but no real result.

Thanks, Mark

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Aug 2012 17:30

Not sure what you are asking But I have Family Tree Maker and have sent several family members Genealogy print outs from it that they understood and didnt find too difficult to follow

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Aug 2012 22:24

'Older' people aren't necessarily unable to understand complex documents...........and to suggest otherwise is not acceptable

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 19 Aug 2012 06:22

Oh Reggie get of your high horse - don't start the political correctness in here. Mark explained the situation very delicately and as it was his own family he is taking about then he can say what he likes. We all know what he is talking about :-D :-D

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 19 Aug 2012 06:25

Roy just looked at your microsoft template - it is actually very good - and useful :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Aug 2012 11:14

There was no need for Mark to say anything other than he wanted a simple layout.............

Mark

Mark Report 19 Aug 2012 17:42

Thanks for your help - sorry for any offence.

Mark

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 21 Aug 2012 11:37

Mark don't worry about the banter. Say what you like there is no need to apologise.

I'm always in trouble by the self styled Forum police and the don't do this or don't do that brigade - at my advanced age just don't take any notice of stuffed shirts anymore.

Must admit it was daunting at first but....

There is always somebody who will try and help you with any query.

:-) :-)

Shelley

Shelley Report 28 Aug 2012 01:50

my Heritage.com have a good simple system, you can do family books,post photos etc. it is free up to 2500 people on tree.