Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Living relatives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sonia

Sonia Report 19 Aug 2012 17:24

Hi im looking for living relatives on my dads side of the family. He died when i was 10 and at that time no one had contact with any of his family....ive traced all his brothers and sisters and i think i have their married names and children....but im not sure how to go about finding out where these people are now and if any of his family are still alive which they must be. Any help would be appreciated xx

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Aug 2012 17:31

if you have his siblings names and marriages you could try www.192.com to see if any of them come up.

Hopefully you just need to connect with one of them and they will know where the others are

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Aug 2012 17:31

Have you looked on Search Trees on here to see if any of them are listed

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Aug 2012 18:52

If the surname is unusual..........try the phone book.........

..........free on line, or in any main public library reference section

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Aug 2012 20:00

Oh dear.......who reported this?

There are some real idiots around at the moment

patchem

patchem Report 19 Aug 2012 20:40

Will the person who has reported this also send a message to Sonia explaining the reasons why you have done this, as this is her first post.
Thank-you.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 20 Aug 2012 14:06

Fortunately, the first post has been re-instated. I have sent Sonia guidelines on how to find her replies. :-D

'Idiots' Reggie? I think that's quite a complimentary term to use! ;-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Aug 2012 14:27

I was in a mellow mood.......lol!