Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Suggestions Board

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 24 Aug 2012 14:29

Just want to draw members attention to this on Suggestions Board

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/suggestions/thread/1308920

Not mentioned on the Annoucements Board so might get missed by some members

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 25 Aug 2012 01:36

Hope that the 67 who have viewed this so far have taken a look at the suggestion board.

GR seem more willing to read posts if put on the three new threads.

Gai

Gai Report 25 Aug 2012 06:52

I think GR had to do something because the suggestion board wasn't being used for it's intended purpose.

Gai

Joy

Joy Report 25 Aug 2012 08:11

Announcements are not showing as being new at present (a glitch since the recent revamp):

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards/board/announcements/thread/1308955

Gai

Gai Report 25 Aug 2012 08:20

Joy,

The only time I know there has been a new posting on the Annoucements Board is when another member posts on the other boards.

So this has been a problem for me since the start of the board not just with the recent revamp.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 25 Aug 2012 12:11

Agree Joy that Annoucements are not showing as new which is why I felt I had to post this on the board.

Surely the GR Team should have posted something on the main boards. Not every member will read the Suggestions Board.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Aug 2012 14:30

Perhaps that's the idea?

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 26 Aug 2012 00:05

There are three new threads on the Suggestions Board:

Suggestions - GENERAL
Suggestions - TREE
Suggestions - RECORDS

Read what GR have to say and if you think you have a suggestion then please post it.

The new threads are not for posting opinions on the site.

No idea of time scale given by the Team so get posting now.

Cheshiremaid

Cheshiremaid Report 26 Aug 2012 04:14

Perhaps one of the silent majority with nothing to add?...I read all the boards and threads more or less every day however I have no suggestions to make.

I have no problems with GR...even though I am IT illiterate I have had no problems with the new tree and I have just enjoyed the site as a whole since I joined :-D

Linda

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 26 Aug 2012 05:05

Linda, Are you really one of the silent majority? 97% of the silent majority are supposed to hate the new tree find it not fit for purpose and totally unworkable

Surly as you are posting on the boards then your not very silent and as you are in your words IT illiterate and have no problems with GR you must be one of the vocal minority according so some members :-D

Roy

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Aug 2012 20:31

Amazed at how few members have come up with suggestions to add to the three new threads.

Get your thinking caps on