Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Genesreunited Tee

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Norma

Norma Report 24 Aug 2012 15:19

Has anybody had trouble adding children to family members on their tree there does not appear to be a save button.I wish they would bring back our old style tree I never had a problem with that!!!
Thank you in anticipation that somebody hashad more luck than me
Norma

Kense

Kense Report 24 Aug 2012 18:21

Have a look at this thread particularly PorkyPie's message:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1308300

Norma

Norma Report 24 Aug 2012 19:26

Hi KenSe
thank you for that but it did not help as i have just noticed that when you click on add and then onto child it t is the only one that does not have a save box at the bottom very strange.
See if you can see what I mean as you don't have to add anything just click off it and see if the same thing happens to you.
Best wishes
Norma

Kense

Kense Report 24 Aug 2012 19:37

Sorry Norma but I've tried it and the Save button is there. I even tried the Add button for someone who died aged 4 (in case there was some sort of age test) but the Save button still appeared.

I suppose you will have to contact support.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 24 Aug 2012 20:09

Norma, is the save box out of range, eg below your view on the screen?

try add the info then zoom out using your browser zoom level, to zoom in or out hold down the Ctrl key and then press the + or - (plus or minus) key this should allow you to see the save button
Some members can also try the full screen view F11 works for some PC's

Roy

Norma

Norma Report 25 Aug 2012 12:54

Hi Porkie Pie and KenSe
Me again i have just tried it again this morning and it is working I think that GR have sorted it out since last night.
Thank you both once again for your help at least I know I am not going mad(not yet anyway)
Best wishes
Norma

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 25 Aug 2012 21:48

The GR team claim not to work over the weekend?

Roy