Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

newspaper reports

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 24 Aug 2012 15:29

Hi
Am looking for general info on looking for newspaper articles. Any advice/help accepted.
I have found this burial record;
Burial: 15 Sep 1825 St Mary the Virgin, Blackburn, Lancashire, England
Henry Hall - Age: 35 years Cause of Death: Found drowned in Rushton.
Buried by: S. J. Allen
and wondered if there might be a report of the death or discovery of the body with some personal details about Henry but don't know where to start looking.
(I'm wondering if it is my 4th gt grandfather)
Thank you
Christine

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 24 Aug 2012 15:33

I would think the best place to start would be the library nearest to the address. They usually have local newspapers on microfilm, but I'm not sure how many newspaper reports they would have from that long ago.

Kath. x

Christine

Christine Report 24 Aug 2012 15:40

Thanks Kath
I did wonder if there might be somewhere on line to check
Christine

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Aug 2012 17:06

You could try the British Newspaper library - you can make a free search on this site, or directly at

http://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk