Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stanley Wilmott SHIPP and Violet - Photo anyone ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 24 Aug 2012 15:56

I'm looking for a photo of Stanley Willmott Shipp and his wife Violet.

In 1926, aged 21 his occupation was recorded as a Ships Steward in the Merchant Service when he married my Grandma’s youngest sister Violet Davis in Bristol.
He was living at 5 Blenheim Square Marlborough Hill, Kingsdown. His father was Wilmott Stanley Shipp (Deceased) a House Decorator.

From 1956 – until his death in 1989 his address was 129 Maple Rd, Horfield Bristol.

I would be thrilled to see a photo of Stanley and my Grandma's sister Violet. :-)

Regards..Teresa

Pam

Pam Report 24 Aug 2012 16:15

There is one private family tree on Ancestry with Stanley Wilmott Shipp named.

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 24 Aug 2012 21:12

That's mine Pam!

Can't find a connection on Ancestry either.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Aug 2012 21:30

Have you got a copy of Stanley's Merchant seaman record?

OH was pleased to find a photograph of his grandfather on the back of that man's Record Card.

Gwyn