Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

finding who else lived at an address

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marion

Marion Report 25 Aug 2012 14:00

How would I find out who else lived at 63, Stiby Road, Yeovil, Somerset in 1945? On Frederick Gould`s death certificate it stated that address for him....

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Aug 2012 14:02

As there were no ER's (WW2) you will be very unlikely to be able to find out

Who registered the death?

Marion

Marion Report 25 Aug 2012 14:09

ok, thought it might be unlikely. thanks anyway for replying.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 Aug 2012 18:24

You could check 1946 though! Worth a try.
The electoral register has to be checked in person (or by a member of staff). These are almost always kept at the nearest main library to the address.
What about Reggie's question?
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 Aug 2012 18:28

Found these details for Somerset library service:

Contact

Enquiry Centre

Email
[email protected]

Contact no
01823 336370 text 07919 540839

01823 272178

Marion

Marion Report 27 Aug 2012 18:22

Thanks for all the replies...
Reggie: The informant on the death certificate was an acting chief resident officer at Cotford Hospital, Bishops Lydeard.
Brummiejan: Thanks I for the info I will look into it, I`ll send them an email and see what happens.