Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gerrybear

gerrybear Report 25 Aug 2012 22:00

I was adding a partner, Elizabeth, to my entry for my great grandfather, and the tree picked up another Elizabeth from a totally different part of the tree. I now have a crossed link, which it won't allow me to delete without deleting LOADS of others. It's made a complete mess of at least a hundred individuals and their links. And this is supposed to be BETTER??!!

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 25 Aug 2012 22:46

If you write to Genes and explain, they will amend tree for you. Have needed to ask their help half a dozen times when I have made a mistake (yes, I know you didn't make this mistake) and they always correct it for me. I am personally not going to use my tree any more till bugs have been sorted out

As far as the new tree is concerned, Genes have opened a thread under "Suggestions" to ask for your opinion. Hardly anyone has responded yet. Yet on other threads, many of us are really wound up. And a few are happily using the new tree and helping others.

But Genes are hardly getting any opinions at all yet.

gerrybear

gerrybear Report 26 Aug 2012 22:36

Thank you, John, I'll do that. I've not touched my tree for a while, because I found a section that was wrong, plus other things crept in. I had no problems that the mistake was made, but I got very frustrated with the fact that there was no way to correct it. Will shuffle off to 'suggestions' thread.

gerrybear

gerrybear Report 28 Aug 2012 14:57

Ok, I have a problem. Where on this site do I find the wherewithall to contact the Genes Reunited team to get them to 'mend' my tree?

Robert

Robert Report 28 Aug 2012 15:45

[email protected]

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 28 Aug 2012 15:46

Very top of the screen, next to your name....In small font...'Help'
Click on that and follow the instructions.

Chris