Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Geoffrey Cowles appears in 2 family trees.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

WestwardHo

WestwardHo Report 26 Aug 2012 12:08

... but when I press the button: 'View matches' - I get 'There are no results matching your search'.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Allan

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 26 Aug 2012 12:10

Do you mean this is flagged on your tree ?

Thelma

Thelma Report 26 Aug 2012 12:15

Have you got him in your tree?
Your matches will not show.
EDIT
Geoffrey Cowles 1895 No Allan
Geoffrey Cowles 1895 Uk No Allan
They appear to be your entries.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 26 Aug 2012 12:23

Have you tried looking by using the 'search all trees' option (in search box above right?).
Jan

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 26 Aug 2012 12:32

Westward Ho

If you have got him two or three times in your tree, he probably won't appear when you view Matches. He will appear immediately if someone else has listed him on their tree.

WestwardHo

WestwardHo Report 26 Aug 2012 22:51

Sorry I'm late!

I don't have him in my tree. I'll correct this immediately.

I made a general search for Geoffrey Clement Cowles - up popped his name etc .. and then there was a little notice saying that his name is in two family trees here - and to press the button to view them. "Sorry but.... "

While I'm here - how do you all return to the home page after visiting your family tree? There's no Home button, and my Back button is greyed out. I have to click the GR icon in my bookmarks bar on my browser.

Thanks for your kind help.

Allan

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 26 Aug 2012 23:16

Your family tree opens in a separate window so the home page is still their, If you minimize the tree page it should still be their,

If you search trees on GR and find a match their is no "view button" their is only a "find out more" button for you to contact the tree owner,

what part of the system are you searching is it record matches?

Roy