Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lost threads

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 27 Aug 2012 20:02

Hokay Kokay...

Would anyone have any idea where threads from c2009 would be.

I have loads of info on some that I now wish to look at as started on that line again and now they have...GORN...Or am I looking in the wrong place.?????

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 27 Aug 2012 20:07

Humph...Just found some...Not where they should be ,not in date order and now gonna spend an hour trawling them for the correct one...Sigh..

:-S

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 27 Aug 2012 20:19

You lost the thread again Fans?????

If they were your threads and you haven't deleted them, they should be in your old threads.

If they were started by someone else, look in Advanced Search (not that it's very helpful these days).

On the other hand, your lost threads could be with your lost marbles. :-P

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 27 Aug 2012 20:24

Yep,lost me marbles,cant remember if I had that particular thread on HIDs(now defunct) account or mine :-D

But I DO remember the name of the person I had asked for help with,so that is a good start for me,specially as it aint Jones/Davies/Taylor or Evans :-P :-P :-P

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 27 Aug 2012 20:29

Ere Cyn,?

If I posted in a certain name and then changed me board name later ,as I have,do the posts remain in the original name or would it be under Fans???

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 27 Aug 2012 20:36

Bliddy STOOOOPID...

How do I search all boards at once on "advanced search"cos it seems to have a drop down menu for every board except one that says "all boards"...

Look you lot I KNOW I am twp at times but this is ticking me orf now...

Go on ,laugh yerselves silly,I dont mind,but I will find the flippin thread,and its a LONG one.

:-P :-P :-P

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 27 Aug 2012 20:37

JONESEeeeeeeeeeeeey.

Shut it or help :-P

jax

jax Report 27 Aug 2012 21:02

Now if you go to advanced search and put in your name FannyByGaslight

Then put a couple of words in the seach...you may then find them on any of the 7 boards...probably not on announcements though

Give it a try

Or you could trawl through your 11.000 + plus threads...which you will find under "my Threads"

Good luck :-D

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 27 Aug 2012 21:14

Thank you so much for your help..

And Ja..x????

.......^.........yours :-P

jax

jax Report 27 Aug 2012 21:28

You're welcome

If you need any more help just ask....I have been known to be helpful sometimes

waves back~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :-P

mgnv

mgnv Report 27 Aug 2012 22:26

Go to my threads, and click on the last post header - that puts them in order.
(If it's backwards i.e., oldest first, then click again).

Your listed boardname on old posts is changed to your current boardname.

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 27 Aug 2012 22:29

Thank you mgnv,it would be one of my oldest posts for some help when I was even wetter behind me ears than now.......

Will try that next....

Or just give up tonight and go to bed maybe... ;-)

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 27 Aug 2012 22:34

Found out how to do it mgnv,but it keeps the boardname you were using at the time for your OP,just changes your BN after when you reply to peeps that have replied,if you can understand that ,clear as mud I am
.....Thank you....Will trawl them tomoz as I had enough now..

Thank you again...

jax

jax Report 27 Aug 2012 23:19

If you are going to change your name every 5 minutes...then its your own fault you cannot find them :-)