Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DNA relieable web.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 27 Aug 2012 20:11

Is there a web site that traces family members by DNA Jenny

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 27 Aug 2012 22:15

I very much doubt it,

Their are sites that offer to do DNA testing you could only trace family members if their was a national DNA data base, and that's not going to happen

But if you have 2 people who give DNA and consent to be tested then thats possible

The nearest to that is what the police use by way of taking DNA from anyone who has been arrested and that is entered onto the police national DNA data base for the purpose of solving crime

Roy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Aug 2012 23:48

What are you hoping for?

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 28 Aug 2012 18:01

Thank you all it is just that I'm conviced that my mother had another child after me but I don't know what name it would have been registered in I was registered in my father's name Jenny