Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

new book on Amazon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nuttybongo

nuttybongo Report 29 Aug 2012 09:25

Hi there folks,
Thought i would share this with you. Here's the link. Family history book.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0093BAJ9E :-)

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 29 Aug 2012 10:04

By writing this book this lady has perhaps done (Albeit to a greater degree) what I advocated doing in a post that I made in 2009:

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1186158

Family history is much more than a collection of facts about when and where people were born, who they married and where and when they died. It is about that, plus what they did, what they achieved, the conditions they lived in and the everyday things that affected and to some degree dictated their lives. Not everyone leads a glamorous life or manages to leave a significant mark on society but that does not lessen their importance as individuals. Many things that they did are likely to effect how we feel, what we do and how we live our own lives today. Those things deserve to be remembered.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Aug 2012 14:31

Unfortunately there are no reviews and it is self published. Sometimes these are good and sometimes not so good. I just hope the grammar is better than the title suggests. "There IS no pockets in shrouds"!

nuttybongo

nuttybongo Report 30 Aug 2012 20:15

I agree Jonesey. Dates are great, but a name and a story, makes it all come to life.