Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Czeslaw Jarosz - Poland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susanne

Susanne Report 30 Aug 2012 09:51

I am looking for any information about Mr Czeslaw Jarosz b.1932-ish Poland and his wife Katar(s)zyna Jarosz (b.unknown) married in Fremantle, Western Australia. I don't know how/when they arrived in Australia & hoped someone could help. Thanks in advance. Sue

Adeline

Adeline Report 30 Aug 2012 10:00

This might be him. Found this info on the National Archives of Australia website:

JAROSZ Czeslaw - Nationality: Polish - Arrived Hobart per Strathnaver 8 August 1948

Susanne

Susanne Report 30 Aug 2012 10:33

Hi Adeline, well wow that's a great place for me to start. Just to let you know I live in Oz and might not respond as quickly as everyone wants me to so my apologies but I do keep an eye on my threads. I look forward to hearing more if anyone can help. thanks again. Sue :-)

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 30 Aug 2012 12:49

Sounds possible:

Australian Electoral Rolls, 1903-1980

Name: Czeslaw Jarosz
Electoral Year: 1980
State: Western Australia
District: Tangney
Subdistrict: Cannington

He's a "tck driver" and is living with Katarzyna (a "furnshr") at 109 Thomas Street.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 30 Aug 2012 12:55

Might they have actually married in Australia?

Australia Marriage Index, 1788-1950
Marriage Place: Western Australia
Registration Place: Fremantle, Western Australia
Registration Number: 125

Australia Marriage Index, 1788-1950
Name: Katarzyna Bartuzel
Marriage Place: Western Australia
Registration Place: Fremantle, Western Australia
Registration Year: 1950
Registration Number: 125

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 30 Aug 2012 13:01

If you go to the NAA website http://www.naa.gov.au/ and search for Bartuzel it yields a load of info about Katarzyna - copy of her naturalisation papers with a photo, etc.

She was born 20 April 1919 and they married 01 April 1950.

Czeslaw Jarosz was born 7 September 1924 in Barglowska, Poland. Before going to Oz he'd been at Rougham Camp, England. (Also from NAA)

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 30 Aug 2012 13:11

Passenger lists leaving UK 1890-1960

Name: Pte Czeslaw JAROSZ
Date of departure: 1 July 1948
Port of departure: London
Destination port: Sydney
Destination country: Australia

Date of Birth: 1923 (calculated from age)
Marital Status:
Sex: Not specified
Notes:
Passenger recorded on: Page 3 of 41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ship: STRATHNAVER
Official Number: 162619
Master's name: Captain E Leek
Steamship Line: P. & O.
Where bound: Sydney, Australia
Square feet:
Registered tonnage: 22283
Passengers on voyage: 1

He's included on a nominal roll of Polish personnel selected for shipment to Australia at Piper's Wood camp, Amersham

They appear to be army reservists.

Adeline

Adeline Report 30 Aug 2012 14:48

This tells you about Piper's Wood Camp:

www.amersham.org.uk/camps/index.htm

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 30 Aug 2012 21:21

First ER I can find him on:

Australian Electoral Rolls, 1903-1980
Electoral Year: 1958
State: Western Australia
District: Stirling
Subdistrict: Guildford

Living 63 Haig Street with Katarzyna and working as a carpenter's assistant.

Susanne

Susanne Report 31 Aug 2012 03:40

I shall look, I shall, you astound me with the info. Thank you. I'll tell you why having this info has become important - my dear Christina was diagnosed with the dastardly Leukemia and she's finding she needs to know about her past family so we really do appreciate all the help everyone is giving. Jarosz is the other thread I'm asking about so my thanks to you all and I hope the info keeps on coming. Have I overstepped the remark about saying Chris is unwell, if I have then I apologise, its just that it all gets too emotional sometimes. So thank you all. Sue :-) :-) :-)

Susanne

Susanne Report 31 Aug 2012 03:44

Sorry all, I need a coffee, am getting confused (again) both threads JAROSZ and PAWLAK are the ones I need to know about for Chris but my thanks remain as sincere. Look forward to hearing from you again soon. Sue (coffffffeeeeeee)