Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Common Courtesy and Politness

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Roslyn

Roslyn Report 5 Sep 2012 02:43

Hi Everyone.
I have several photo's that are not on my family line. After spending several weeks find out more about the folk in the photo's I have tried to contact 11 people who have list these same folk in their trees. I have only had one response. Responding to a letter or email to me is basic good manners. All I want to do is give these photo's to their descendents and explain how I have them. Can anyone tell if there is a website I can go to put up these photo's please.
Best wishes
Ros

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 5 Sep 2012 08:22

A great many people dabble in their family history for a bit and then let it go for one reason or another. Gru never close a tree and they give no indication if the member last logged on yesterday or five years ago. The mostly likely explanation for yr lack of response is that the people concerned are not very active on Gru if at all.

There are several popular free sites where you can post these pictures and a google search will find them. The new Friends United site is one and webshots (http://www.webshots.com) is another. Maybe even Facebook. Do not post them if you feel the subjects are still alive though.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Sep 2012 09:33

Look in your 'sent messages'.

If an envelope is still next to the message, they haven't read it. You never know, when they next log on in 5 years time, they may come back to you ;-)

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 5 Sep 2012 11:53

Hi All,

Piglet I have old photogrpahs of hubby's family. Some I can't identify, some are guesses as to the line because one couple had more than ten children and some which include my beautiful mil when she was a young lady.

I get them copied and use them on the cards I make. It keeps their images alive and in some way is a memorial to them.

Just thought to share what I do with them.

xJill

Roslyn

Roslyn Report 6 Sep 2012 11:21

Hi
Thanks everyone for your replies. I love some of the suggestions ( JustDinosaurJill).
Great idea for chrissy.
Cheers
Ros