Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

problems

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angie

Angie Report 5 Sep 2012 08:30

unsure if ive got the right board for this . but since genes changed the layout of the site im having problems with my tree ,before i always used the old tree option as all details about the person were there in front of you but now my tree wont go to full screen so im viewing my tree in an oblong box about 9 inches by 3 inches in the left hand corner . if i need details that comes up in the right hand corner in a smaller oblong box while scrolling down it either jumps from the persons name right to the bottom so i have to click down very gently which takes ages .and also while searching my tree i put in a persons name it always comes back no matches found ,i have to start at the begining and work through the family line till i find them .this is also happening with other members trees i have access to, which is causing problems as i dont know their connection to the person i inquired about has anyone else had these problems or is it just me ?
angie

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Sep 2012 09:10

Have a look at Porkie-Pies thread to see if there is anything to help you there. Just click on the link which will open in a new window.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/suggestions/thread/1309077

You ought to be able to find someone in your tree via the 'list'. Type the relatives name in the box at the top of the list. Once you've found it, click on the name. You can then choose to view them in your tree with either immediate family, full, ancestors or descendents.

You can also open the profile panel from the 'list' if you prefer to work that way.

Don't forget you can drag the tree to a more central position on the page. If you think about it, its deliberately located to the left as otherwise the target person would be obscured when you open the details panel.

Angie

Angie Report 5 Sep 2012 09:15

thank you
i will certainly try that just wish they would retun to the old tree it was so much easier
thanks once again angie