Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Huge Favour needed - John Haughton 1910c 0r 1915c

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GinaS

GinaS Report 16 Sep 2012 21:40

I cannot find a birth cettificate for this person in the Irish Records.

His other older siblings were born in Dublin, The youngest one born in Glasgow in 1917.

Would anyone be able to look for a birth record in Glasgow for a John Haughton born in June 1915. His mother was Rose O'neill and father a Daniel Haughton.

The reason I have two dates is on his wedding certificate, his birth shown as 1915 and on the Death certificate we have June 1910 born in Ireland.

Many thanks, Gina S

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 Sep 2012 22:11

Scotlandspeople is not a subscription site you have to buy credits.

You could register for free and do a search

GinaS

GinaS Report 16 Sep 2012 22:57

Thanks Glitter Baby

Sheila

Sheila Report 17 Sep 2012 07:22

There was a John Haughton born in 1914 in Anderston in Glasgow. GROS data 644/11 0676. Nothing I can find for 1915
Good luck
Sheila

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Sep 2012 15:44

FREE Irish 1911 census

Residents of a house 168 in Bride Street, New, Iveagh Trust Buildings. (Wood Quay (part of), Dublin)
Show all information
Surname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion
Haughton Daniel 26 Male Head of Family Roman Catholics
Haughton Ross 25 Female Wife Roman Catholics
Haughton Patrick 4 Male Son Roman Catholics
Haughton Lizzie 3 Female Daughter Roman Catholics
Haughton Daniel 1 Male Son Roman Catholics

Try 1909 for the birth......and also try spelling variants

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Sep 2012 08:44

I don't understand some people...............

The OP has not returned to this despite my sending a PM to advise that info had been added.

The PM has been opened, but not, of course, acknowledged

GinaS

GinaS Report 18 Sep 2012 09:53

Number 1. I do not sit all day watching this sight - I opened, read and got on with another part of my life.

Number 2. If you had read the previous emails you would see I had been given other suggestions.

Number 3. I was not referring to any of the Haughton's shown on the 1911 Census, other than the name of his parents.

Number 4. Whats your problem?? maybe because I did not jump quick enough!!