Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lookups anyone?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

StephScouser

StephScouser Report 18 Sep 2012 21:23

Hi Everyone,

I have hit a bit of a brick wall on my tree and I would be more than happy to provide look ups for people.

I am currently subscribed to Ancestry Worldwide membership, and therefore have access to Birth, marriage and death records; military records, parish records and census records for England, Wales and also some parts of Scotland and Ireland.

Many Thanks
Steph

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 18 Sep 2012 21:27

hi steph.

could you look up a baptism for a Ronald MCdonald Goodlass liverpool 1915 or Ronald MCdonald west derby or toxteth

thank you :-D

StephScouser

StephScouser Report 18 Sep 2012 21:45

Hi Suzanne,

I'm sorry that is my fault I forgot to mention that the Parish records do not go up to the present day. Liverpool Catholic Baptisms and Anglican Baptisms go up to 1906. However I will be making a trip to the Liverpool Records Office on Thursday and would be more than happy to see if I could find a baptism for you. Do you have any idea which church it could be ?

Thanks

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 18 Sep 2012 21:59

There are quite a lot of later ones on

http://www.lan-opc.org.uk

but without knowing the parish you would have to search them all in turn.

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 18 Sep 2012 22:05

you do not have to search each parish on lan-opc - use the 'search' facility

however

no Ronald McDonald or Ronald Goodlass

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 18 Sep 2012 22:09

If he was Ronald H it could be this one which could narrow down the search to the Kirkdale area

Lancashire Birth indexes for the years: 1915
Surname Forename(s) Sub-District Registers At Mother's Maiden Name Reference
MCDONALD Ronald H Kirkdale Liverpool KIRK/184/75

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 18 Sep 2012 22:12

hi steph,
granddad was born in 1915 in beaconsfield street west derby,he was reg by his mother and then adopted sometime within his first yr.wondered if mum or adopted parents had ever had him baptised.
granddad was born 21st feb 1915 mothers name ella mcdonald a domestic.adopted parents were Charles and May Goodlass.
if you could have a quick look when your at the records office,that would be great,i live in wales now(born smithdown rd toxteth) and work full time,find it hard to get to liverpool sometimes.x

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Sep 2012 23:10

Lancashire Records Office is in Preston

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 18 Sep 2012 23:58

but Liverpool has most of its own parish records

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 18 Sep 2012 23:59

Hi steph could you please see if you can find a Hunter Young born around 1907
he would be around the Edzell are which is a village in Angus Scotland not sure of parents names
thankyou for any help you can give PP x

jax

jax Report 19 Sep 2012 01:09

You will need scotlandspeople for that Pollypoppet the census only goes up to 1901 on there

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 19 Sep 2012 01:27

ok thanks jax
PP :-(

StephScouser

StephScouser Report 19 Sep 2012 13:37

Sorry Polly! Is there anything else that you would like me to look up? I will have a little dig around though and see if I can find anything.

Many Thanks Steph

Suzanne I will get cracking on yours =]

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 19 Sep 2012 19:11

thank you everyone for your info.

RONALD MCdonald was reg but i was wondering if he was baptised.x