Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lost Cousins info about Find My Past

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jan.

Jan. Report 17 Oct 2012 16:45

This might be old news to you, but I recently read this on Lost Cousins Site.

Stop Press

Just after this newsletter went to press I made a great discovery - it's now possible to buy a Worldwide subscription to findmypast through their British site!

You might think that's no big deal - after all, worldwide subscriptions have been on sale through findmypast's overseas sites for some time. But the Search at the overseas sites is very, very different from what existing UK subscribers are used to - in fact it's closer to what you'll find at the new FamilySearch site. So for me it's a great relief that it's now possible to buy a Worldwide subscription and continue to use the existing Search for British records.

Findmypast are offering an Introductory Discount on the price of a Worldwide subscription - you can save £20 on a 12 month subscription or £10 on a 6 month subscription (remember that 12 month subscriptions are always much better value). You don't need a discount code, but you can help to support LostCousins by following this link to the findmypast site.
------------------------------------------
Has anyone taken up this offer on FMP? If so, what do you think of it, and how does it compare to Ancestry World Wide subs?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Oct 2012 19:47

This may help - if you post on the thread (address given below) the original posters will see it being re-activated and can probably let you know how they are getting on.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1304626

Jan.

Jan. Report 17 Oct 2012 20:18

Thanks DetEcTive - I'm browsing through the thread now.