Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Newspapers On Line

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 11 Aug 2013 13:21

Please can anyone tel me if there is anywhere on line where I can search newspapers, looking mainly for Manchester area but others areas important too.

Thanks in advance for any help. Looking for B M D's announcements. Also I have a Charles Henry Barker who had some sort of factory accident in about 1930 in Manchester area . Would I find this anywhere in a newspaper.

Thanks again
Marilyn

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Aug 2013 13:36

Google is your best bet

As for the accident........whether or not it was reported in the Press would depend on its severity

Very few BMD's ever get into the newspapers........what do you hope to learn?

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 11 Aug 2013 13:47

Thanks Reggie, I have quite a big tree, all researched and backed up with records but they are just names, births baptisms marriages deaths and census infomation i really know nothing of their lives, where they worked etc., and I would love to learn more, especially on the lives of the nearest ancestors but just don't know where to start or where the info can be obtained. Going to the record offices isn't a problem. Just didn't know whether to try newspapers first.

:-S

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 11 Aug 2013 14:01

FMP have newspapers, but of course you need to subscribe or buy credits.

Now I do have to say, GR have these records, but although I can find one of my ancestors on FMP I cant find him in GRs newspaper records :-S

George