Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jacob, and Hubbard family from Kent...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

G007

G007 Report 5 Oct 2013 16:02

Sarah Jacob born abt 1726 married Thomas Drury Jan 15th 1760 at Lynsted in Kent. It seems her parents were: William Jacob and Sarah King. Then William Jacob parents were: Amos Jacob born abt 1687, who married Elizabeth Hubbard born abt 1689. I would like to know whether I'm on the right family path... Also who were Elizabeth Hubbard parents ? Amos Jacob parents may have been: Amos Jacob and Deborah, maiden surname unknown ?

G007

G007 Report 5 Oct 2013 16:25

P.s. The above family line starts with William Drury born abt 1763, who married Elizabeth Austin born abt 1767. William's parents being: Thomas Drury and Sarah Jacob. Hope it's correct anyway. :-D

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 5 Oct 2013 17:56

Are you sure that Amos Jacob married someone more than 30 years his junior?

G007

G007 Report 5 Oct 2013 18:18

I think I may have got the dates a bit mixed up BeverleyW lol I've changed the date of Amos Jacob birth, but not sure when he was born really.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 5 Oct 2013 18:48

You really shouldn't post a year of birth when you have no idea when he was born. You've just changed it by 30 years but then say you don't know the year.

G007

G007 Report 5 Oct 2013 21:22

Hi Margee, I understand what you mean, but I have put other dates, so, hopefully others who may like to help can use that info to gain other information on this person. I'm mainly trying to confirm my research, and perhaps someone can find something I haven't, that all.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 5 Oct 2013 21:29

Have you explored the familysearch site? It's a good place to start.

G007

G007 Report 5 Oct 2013 21:42

Ok thanks Cynthia. :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Oct 2013 23:13

https://familysearch.org/

G007

G007 Report 5 Oct 2013 23:22

Ok Reggie :-)