Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Electoral Register Look Up Help Request

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicki

Nicki Report 14 Nov 2013 13:17

Is there anyone in the Southport area that could go to the library/council offices and do an electoral look up for me please?

Nicki

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 14 Nov 2013 13:24

They might not give out info if it is a recent electoral register

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Nov 2013 13:27

If you have an exact address, why not e-mail the library and ask if they are able/willing to do lookups

Which year is it for?

Nicki

Nicki Report 14 Nov 2013 13:28

Oh thought anyone could look at the register but not allowed to take photocopies/photos but could take notes ;(

Nicki

Nicki Report 14 Nov 2013 13:28

I phoned the libray earlier and they wont do it over the phone.

Nicki

Nicki Report 14 Nov 2013 13:32

2012 or 2013 would do.

N

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Nov 2013 14:03

IF the person/people are registered to vote, and have not elected to withold their details, the info will be on www.192.com

And I didn't actually suggest phoning!

I presume you've looked in the phone book?

Nicki

Nicki Report 14 Nov 2013 14:46

Yes got a number from the phone book for his mother which that rings out all the time.

Have subscribed to 192.com and used the credits for searching and there is no current info on 192.com so I really need sight of the actual register with all details.

I had already phoned the library before you suggested emailing them - they said they cant help by phone or email.

N

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Nov 2013 14:55

Why don't you write to the address you have for the mother?

Nicki

Nicki Report 14 Nov 2013 15:13

Already done that and no response. I have done everything that I can think of.

jax

jax Report 14 Nov 2013 15:45

Don't you need to go by the address rather than the persons name for electoral roll look ups at the library?

If there is no response from the address then they probably don't live there anymore

Nicki

Nicki Report 14 Nov 2013 20:38

OH really! OH!

Inky1

Inky1 Report 16 Nov 2013 22:41

Electoral Rolls 2002-2013 are available on this site. I put my own (common) surname in + 'Southport' & got a number of hits.

But note Reggie's comments. Data will only be available if the person repsonsible (for the names/details at a specific address) has not opted out. For my own family there is nowt after 2002, so I must have opted out in 2003.

Provide me with the name & I will do a search.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Nov 2013 23:06

As the info could not be found on 192, looking for it on FMP would be fruitless

Inky1

Inky1 Report 17 Nov 2013 10:13

Anyone know what the commercial tie-up is between 192 and FMP?

Never used 192 before today. Clicking through to People >> Family Records I was interested to see there was an image that was "powered by findmypast.com"

http://www.192.com/people/family-records/

So 192 provides FMP (and thus this site) with its ER database, and FMP provides 192 with its BMD database?

jax

jax Report 17 Nov 2013 13:31

There are a few companies that provide recent electoral rolls I have FMP but also have people tracer, which had I known FMP was going to add it I would not have subscribed to people tracer for a year

People tracer seems to be connected to Ancestry although what I paid is nothing like Ancestry would have charged