Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Blip on family tree search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RStar

RStar Report 20 Nov 2013 16:09

Genes technical support, plz read. When I go into my own tree on here and click search, then enter a surname, it (eventually) tells me that I have nobody in the tree with that name. When I obviously have. But if I enter a forename AND a surname it'll bring the result up straight away. This has been happening since the site was updated. Im trying to search for Holman's in my tree, unsure if any are there so I dont know the forenames. It should just let me search with a surname.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 20 Nov 2013 16:19

Hi, RomanyStar -

Yes, this has been happening for ages.
Have you contacted the Support Team directly?
Might not do any good, but on the other hand, they're not likely to be looking on this board.

RStar

RStar Report 20 Nov 2013 17:09

Im not sure how to contact them, I'll have a mooch about on the site then hopefully get a message to them thanks.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Nov 2013 17:58

They do like to hide the Contact Us link!

Go to ‘help’ then ‘Frequently Asked Questions’

At the bottom of that list is ‘Feedback’ with smaller typed dropdown box, also called ‘Feedback’

Once you’ve clicked on that, look at the body of the page.
First paragraph headed ‘Feedback’
“If you have a suggestion that is not mentioned above and would like to let us know or if you would like to give us your feedback on the site please send us an email by clicking here”

‘clicking here’ is in blue and is a hyperlink to the feedback form.

Alternatively…..

[email protected]

:-D

RStar

RStar Report 20 Nov 2013 18:20

Aha... thankyou :-D They can run but......

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 Nov 2013 21:24

Romany

it is far better to use the direct email address

[email protected]

they do seem to respond to that

OR ............ you can post on their page on Facebook ................... they also usually reply fast on there :-D

publicity you know :-D

Just out of interest, it does no good to post on the Boards, on the Community Manager's threads, OR on Suggestions

they just don't look on here more than once in a blue moon :-(

RStar

RStar Report 20 Nov 2013 21:49

Okey dokey, Ive emailed them, might try the fb page when Im on there too. Thankyou.