Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

any way to find information on lost family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 29 Nov 2013 03:15

Who are in a instertution for mental health and have been for many years as they I think would not show up on a electrol roll

Gee

Gee Report 29 Nov 2013 03:41

Hi

If you post the details, names, DOB and places we might be able to help

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 29 Nov 2013 07:23

Are these people still living?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Nov 2013 10:11

If it's fairly recent (certainly within the last 50 years, but probably the last 100) you won't be able to access their records even if they've been kept.

The best you might be able to do if you can prove they have died, would be to try and find out when they entered the Institution and when they left.

If you believe that they are still in an Institution, you might try contacting the appropriate Trust and see if they will tell you if they are there. Even then they may not tell you unless the patient has no known next of kin, or you are that person

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Nov 2013 16:33

Frankly, I would hope that such info would be strictly confidential

You are obviously referring to living people, whose right to privacy must be paramount

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Nov 2013 23:36

This query is linked to the search for a biological mother

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1323452.

As Sylvia has contacted me off board, I've suggested that she liaises with Marilyn and adds more details to the original thread, and also to get back in touch with the SS who arranged the (now in contact) children's adoption.

Even they were both adopted out, SS may be willing to consider them n.o.k. or at least approach the known n.o.k

patchem

patchem Report 29 Nov 2013 23:37

DetEcTive,

That thread does not exist.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Nov 2013 23:55

Not sure why that wasn't working as it is still there

Eileen M Duffy- Boy child born 1987 ish
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1323452

PriscillaEmilywasMoonbeam

PriscillaEmilywasMoonbeam Report 30 Nov 2013 15:10

I see there is a dot (full stop) at the end of the first link. This is probably why it doesn't work.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Nov 2013 17:47

Ah! That's probably why and an automatic response while typing. ;-)