Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

tree search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eileen

Eileen Report 15 Dec 2013 15:19

Is anyone else having trouble viewing a search? I keep getting error page when I click to view names in trees. :-(

jax

jax Report 15 Dec 2013 15:23

If your PC has updated to IE 11 you need to do this

The fix is

Click the Tools icon (or Alt + X) - the cog shaped one top right of your screen

Click Compatibility View settings in the drop down list

Add the Genes Reunited website - genesreunited.co.uk

If that is not the reason then I don't know the answer

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Dec 2013 15:25

Nope - its working fine both from the stars in my tree, and as a stand-alone search.

Is it the 503 Error?. There have been problems with compatibility since many home computers up dated automatically to IE11

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 16 Dec 2013 11:16

Hi Eileen -

As noted by jax and +++DetEcTive+++ there have been difficulties experienced when using IE11. If you see a 503 error message please follow the above instructions, otherwise email [email protected] with details.

Regards

Shelley

Eileen

Eileen Report 17 Dec 2013 12:11

Thanks for your help. :-)

Eileen

Eileen Report 18 Dec 2013 13:00

Jax, you have also helped me to see other sites that I had lost so thanks again and merry Christmas.