Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FMP address search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 30 May 2014 15:52

I have World FMP since the recent changes most of it is a mystery to me. Please can someone remind me how I do a 1911 address search

22 Tewkesbury Drive Prestwich, Manchester. I have a photo of my mother aged 2 or 3, she was born 1911 in London, on the back it has written in my mothers handwriting 'me with my mother at 22 Tewkesbury Drive, Prestwich, Manchester'.

I would really like to know how to do this search as it was so easy before the changes.

Thank you
Wendy

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 May 2014 18:00

not seeing how its done now

what about searching with mums name that would work surely

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 30 May 2014 18:10

Thanks Shirley but I know that mum, born 1911, and her mum were in Camberwell in 1911 as this is where my mum was born and they are on the 1911 census there. I guess the photo was about 1914/15 and I wondered if they were visiting a relative who lived in Prestwich. I can't connect anyone to Manchester only way back in 1871

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 May 2014 18:13

Darned annoying they have hidden that resource or done away with it . I used that search lots of times too :-(

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 30 May 2014 18:27

Thomas Wm Powell Alice abt 1871 Manchester, Lancashire, England Head Prestwich, Lancashire (Ancestry)

POWELL THOMAS WILLIAM 1871 — 1911 1911 Census for England & Wales Prestwich, Lancashire (FMP)

(above at 21)

Chris :)

1911 England Census Summary Books (Ancestry)

(not seeing address on above)

1911 - 1914 - Lancashire OnLine Parish Clerk Project
www.lan-opc.org.uk/Prestwich/stmary/burials_1911-1914.html
Burial: 4 Jan 1911 St Mary the Virgin, Prestwich, Lancashire, England Ellis Johnson - Age: 3 months ...... Abode: 22 Tewkesbury Drive Buried by: C. E. Moore

http://www.lan-opc.org.uk/Prestwich/stmary/burials_1911-1914.html

(above comes up on google search, needs looking through!)

edits

Burial: 15 Jan 1912 St Mary the Virgin, Prestwich, Lancashire, England
Charlotte Hilsbach - Age: 54 years
Abode: 22 Tewkesbury Drive

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 30 May 2014 20:26

Hi Chris, thank you I followed that through and found out that Charlotte, Henry and daughter Rosa lived there from 1912. Henry died 1915 Charlotte, re your link in 1912 and daughter Rosa never married and still lived there until she died in 1952

Iv'e never heard of any of them!.

So...no idea why my mother and grandmother were there.. Maybe the house was divided into flats or rooms. I can remember my gran saying 'when we lived in Manchester.....' Long before i was old enough to pay any interest.

Thanks Shirley and Chris for your help.

Wendy