Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Historical newspaper articles

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 15 Jun 2014 15:05

How do you view an article when you've found it? I click on View Article but a blank page comes up. Any suggestions please?

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 15 Jun 2014 15:27

where are you looking elizabeth

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 15 Jun 2014 15:34

I am looking on the genes reunited site for historical articles. I came across one I wanted to look at but when I clicked to view the article a blank page comes up.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 15 Jun 2014 15:34

I am looking on the genes reunited site for historical articles. I came across one I wanted to look at but when I clicked to view the article a blank page comes up.

jax

jax Report 15 Jun 2014 15:40

Have you paid to view the newspapers?

When I click on a record it asks me to purchase credits

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 15 Jun 2014 15:46

Yes I have paid to view the articles. It's the first time I've subscribed to newspaper articles so not sure if I am doing something wrong

jax

jax Report 15 Jun 2014 15:52

So did this happen after you clicked on the blue page thing on the right hand side?

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 15 Jun 2014 16:04

Yes I find the article. There's a picture of the page on the left hand side and a square at the bottom right hand side that says View Article but when I click on that a new page comes up with a blank page where the article should be

jax

jax Report 15 Jun 2014 16:52

Maybe you should contact Genes

[email protected]

but don't expect a reply until at least tomorrow

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 15 Jun 2014 16:58

at the top of the page does it say you have 50 credits

jax

jax Report 15 Jun 2014 17:11

Elizabeth has said she has subscribed to the Newspaper articles littlelegs so credits are not the issue

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 15 Jun 2014 17:21

i know what elizabeth said
just making sure that she got the credits

whats wrong with that

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 15 Jun 2014 17:22

Thanks. Have just emailed them

jax

jax Report 15 Jun 2014 17:59

What credits is she supposed to get?

Brand new standard members get 50......but we don't know whether Elizabeth is a platinum member or not, or whether she is a brand new subscriber

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Jun 2014 18:09

On occasions, people who have the full subscription have said that there is problem loading an image.

If you'd like to tell us what you hoped to see (keywords/publication/date) someone else can check if they have the same difficulty viewing it.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 16 Jun 2014 11:41

Once you take out subs, all credits become void surely, as they are unnecessary!

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 16 Jun 2014 13:19

Just had a reply from genes reunited and apparently the site for newspapers doesn't work on an iPad but will work on a laptop so I am about to try that. Thanks to you all for the various suggestions

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 16 Jun 2014 13:20

Just had a reply from genes reunited and apparently the site for newspapers doesn't work on an iPad but will work on a laptop so I am about to try that. Thanks to you all for the various suggestions

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 16 Jun 2014 17:50

Yes it works on the laptop. Thanks for everyone's help