Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Deleting

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 18 Jun 2014 16:29

Can some one tell me how to delete members of family tree please. My nan had been married twice and lived with someone its got very confusing doing family tree.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Jun 2014 16:45

well to delete someone you have to delete their offspring first

I have similar in my tree . as I am sure others have , who lived together had children then went on to marry someone else or couldn't marry cos they were already married

I have added them as if they were married to the common law spouse and put in the notes the relevant info

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 18 Jun 2014 16:46

If you click on the name of the person you want to delete, they become the "central" person on that view of the tree and beneath the name it says "Add, Edit and Delete" Then click "Delete"

You can't delete anyone with children. You have to delete the children first, as everyone has to be attached to someone ie no floating relatives.

Linda

Linda Report 18 Jun 2014 17:09

Than you all very much will try this. :-)

Kense

Kense Report 18 Jun 2014 20:27

Do you really need to delete anyone? The tree does allow people to marry more than once and to marry someone already in the tree.

Linda

Linda Report 18 Jun 2014 21:00

I need to delete my uncles wife, as I have attached her to my granddad so she has become his daughter (if that makes sense) as well as being married to my uncle. :-(

Thelma

Thelma Report 19 Jun 2014 09:53

Click on uncle's wife
Click edit
Scroll down the details page to relationships
Remove father
Save.

Linda

Linda Report 19 Jun 2014 14:01

Thank you all very much for the help it has worked :-)