Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Jun 2014 12:20

I'm new to this site and I'm not really that competent as computer operator. My problem is I've started in the middle of the tree with myself and my parents, I'm a middle sibling and have been unable to enter the others in their rightful places. Before anyone starts to offer help, be warned I'm a 5 star dummy. Belfast beau. :-S

Andy

Andy Report 26 Jun 2014 13:14

On the tree page, click on yourself then on the ADD button that appears, you then get the option to add SIBLING, click on that and enter your siblings details, note depending on what year of birth you enter decides which side of you they appear

Potty

Potty Report 26 Jun 2014 13:37

Also, be aware that if your siblings are still alive you will need their permission to enter them on your tree - as you will for any living people. This is for their privacy and protection.

Kense

Kense Report 26 Jun 2014 14:19

Don't forget to click on Save when you have added data.

Also sometime the data has been accepted but doesn't show on the display. Usually F5 will update the display, or press CTRL and F5 together or click on the icon which is an incomplete circle with an arrowhead..

jax

jax Report 26 Jun 2014 18:26

Welcome to the boards Noel

You could add a living family member as 'Living person'

My tree on here starts at my grandparents as my parents are still living

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 27 Jun 2014 16:36

I'll let Noel know that he has replies to his query.. :-)