Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is it possible to send more than 1 attachment

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 27 Jun 2014 12:06

How do I send more than one attachment to a pm.? If it's possible can someone please tell me how to do it.

Wendy

greyghost

greyghost Report 27 Jun 2014 12:30

Just had a look. If you actually make an attachment, then the option will come up just below to add more attachments - and more - and more. You can't see this option unless you add the first one.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 27 Jun 2014 15:56

Thank you for that greyghost. Sorry for the de lay In replying I've just got back from having lunch with "the girls" average age 68 ish :-D

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 27 Jun 2014 20:48

I must be doing something wrong as I don't get the option to add more

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Jun 2014 21:14

Without experimenting to confirm, there was talk that the 'more than one' attachment facility only applied to the first contact message.

Only one at a time can be sent after that.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Jun 2014 21:21

Yes - that's right.

As we've never sent each other messages, I pretended to PM you and was able to attach 3 documents - might have been able to attach more, but cancelled the PM

Selecting one of the previous messages in my in-box as if to reply to them, only one document could be attached.

Its possible to attach more than one **docs to a 'new' message rather than as part of a conversation

**(Doc/Jpeg or what ever)

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 27 Jun 2014 21:36

Thank you Det.... That explains it I was responding to a message in my inbox. Next time I'll try going down the new message route