Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help needed please with Keepsafe!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

FrenchBean

FrenchBean Report 1 Jul 2014 22:54

Hi, I am new to building my family tree on this site and I'm having trouble with the Keepsafe section. I have saved some photos and records etc., on the Keepsafe page and also saved records page. This has worked well and I have learnt how to attach a photo or record to different people in my tree. However, when I look at the persons information in question: photos appear in the right hand panel but when I click on them it just says this photo has been opened in another place! In the records section of the person in question, all clips, certs, records are appearing as the same picture which is of an 'example certificate' regardless of what the item is really about. Some have a discription of what it is but actually are of something else. The next thing is I decided to delete them and try again but I cannot find how to delete them from the persons information panel. Can anyone help me please? :-S

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Jul 2014 11:43

'example certificate' regardless of what the item is really about.'

The description (in blue) is a hyperlink. Click on that and you will be able to view the correct image. On the image page, there is the option to 'Remove from Keepsafe'.

Should mention that the above is from a starting point of the Keepsafe page, not an individuals!

From my Keepsafe page, I can see that I have a passenger list and a photo relating to the same person. The paper clip symbol gives her name eg Attached to Joan Smith 1900-1960
By clicking on her name, the next screen result is the Joan Smith with both items shown. By hovering the cursor over one of the images, I can either edit notes or delete. The same option is also available on the Keepsafe page.

No idea why you're being told that its opened in another place - perhaps your computer has got its knickers in a twist? ;-)

FrenchBean

FrenchBean Report 2 Jul 2014 22:13

Hi DetEcTive, Thank you for your explanation it's much appreciated. :-)