Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

address search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wandhunter

Wandhunter Report 25 Aug 2014 17:16

Once again I need the help of all. I have limited information regarding the subject I am trying to discover. I was recently sent by a Genes member a golden piece of information regarding my great uncle who was killed in action that was an obituary in the MEN. I have 95% knowledge of my great uncle, Sergeant James Fulton MGC, but the obituary apart from the family notice mentioned 'Lily and family' 303 Bradford Road Manchester.
I have searched the 3 sites I belong to regarding the address plus electoral rolls and have yet to locate any information. I have tried to see if Lily lived with her parents at this address in the 1911 census when she was possibly about 16. The electoral rolls appear to come up with nothing.
Help once again will be gratefully appreciated. :-(

Chrissie2394

Chrissie2394 Report 25 Aug 2014 17:23

1901 ????

303, Bradford Road, Manchester, Lancashire, England

Timothy Grindrod Head Married Male 49 1852 Hydraulic Packer Manchester, Lancashire Image Transcription
Susannah Grindrod Wife Married Female 48 1853 House Manchester, Lancashire Image Transcription
Carrie Grindrod Daughter Single Female 23 1878 Handkerchief Machinist Manchester, Lancashire Image Transcription
William Grindrod Son Single Male 20 1881 Iron Moulder Manchester, Lancashire Image Transcription
Ethel Grindrod Daughter Single Female 15 1886 Machinist Under Clothing Manchester, Lancashire Image Transcription
Alice Grindrod Daughter Single Female 13 1888 Machinist Handkerchief Manchester, Lancashire Image Transcription
>>>Lily Grindrod Daughter Single Female 6 1895 School Lancashire

Chris

Chrissie2394

Chrissie2394 Report 25 Aug 2014 17:25

Name: Lily Grindrod
Age in 1911: 17
Estimated birth year: abt 1894
Relation to Head: Daughter
Birth Place: Manchester, Lancashire, England
Civil Parish: Manchester
County/Island: Lancashire
Street address: 303 Bradford Rd Ancoats Manchester
Marital Status: Single
Registration district: Manchester
Registration District Number: 466
Sub-registration district: Ancoats
ED, institution, or vessel: 26
Piece: 24114
Household Members:
Name Age
Timothy Grindrod 59
Susannah Grindrod 58
Ethel Grindrod 25
Lily Grindrod 17
William Tuson 1

Chris

Wandhunter

Wandhunter Report 25 Aug 2014 18:00

Yet again someone comes to the rescue. Thank you very much Chris this is greatly appreciated. This certainly looks 100% correct.

I always like to think I'm pretty good at this searching but there is always one that gets in the way.
Cheers
Andy :-D

Chrissie2394

Chrissie2394 Report 25 Aug 2014 18:01

You're more than welcome.

Chris

Gee

Gee Report 26 Aug 2014 06:55

Manchester, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1930

Name:Lily Grindrod of 303 Bradford Road

Birth Year:abt 1894

Marriage Date:9 Aug 1919

Parish:Manchester, St Philip

Parish as it Appears:Manchester

Father's Name:Simothy Grindrod <<Packer

Spouse's Name:John Fulton Peters <<

Spouse's Father's Name:Robert Henderson Peters << Cabinet maker

Reference Number:M299/3/2/10

Item Number:4

Archive Roll:859

Wit: Daniel Seaton & Jane?

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 27 Aug 2014 15:27

Gins the marriage you just put up witnesses Daniel Seaton and Jane GRINDROD if it helps at all.