Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Samuel shaw

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vena

Vena Report 27 Oct 2014 20:09

I am looking for photos from ww1 sherwood foresters reg
Private samuel shaw from chesterfield derbyshire born 1896
Father charles shaw and mother hannah hoow can i find this please

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Oct 2014 20:19

only thing you can try is use "Search" facility top right hand corner of this page to see if Samuel features in any trees on this site - if you strike lucky you can contact the tree owner through the site

Ann :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Oct 2014 20:20

Doubt it unless a family member has some old photos

I haven't ever seen any photos attached to WW1 army records for any of my family that I found

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Oct 2014 20:21

just checked in Search Trees - no one appears to have him on this site

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Oct 2014 20:23

Images of Sherwood Foresters WW1

bing.com/images

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Oct 2014 20:25

Notts & Derby Regiment(Sherwood Foresters). World War One ...

www.ww1photos.com/NottsAndDerby.html

WW1 Music: Search WW1 Medal Index Cards: ... NOTTS & DERBY REGIMENT (SHERWOOD FORESTERS) HOW TO ORDER ITEMS Battalion Unknown Adams H …

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Oct 2014 20:25

The Sherwood Foresters (Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire ...

www.wartimememoriesproject.com/greatwar/allied/sherwoodforesters...

Collecting preserving and researching photographs and memories of The Sherwood Foresters (Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Regiment) during the Great War 1914-1918.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Oct 2014 20:26

BBC - Nottingham - History - Where the Sherwood Foresters ...

www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/content/image_galleries/world_war_one...

24/09/2014 · 10th Battalion Sherwood Foresters after a raid on German lines in 1916. Photo courtesy of the Worcestershire and Sherwood Foresters Regimental collection.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Oct 2014 20:28

7th Notts and Derbys - The Robin Hood Battalion

The 7th (Robin Hood) Battalion, The Sherwood Foresters (Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire Regiment) is the battalion most closely associated with the city of Nottingham. Popularly known as ‘The Robin Hoods’, the 7th Notts & Derbys took the place of the Robin Hood Rifles, on the formation of the Territorial Force in April 1908.

The Robin Hoods formed three battalions during the First World War (1/7th, 2/7th and 3/7th Battalions). More than 4000 officers and men served with honour on the Western Front from 1915 to 1919, and in Dublin during the Irish Rebellion of 1916; over 1000 men died in service. It is our intention to publish an updated history of the 7th Battalion’s campaigns in WW1, featuring individual stories of these men.

This web site was launched principally to publicise this project and also to act as a medium for gathering information and photographs relating to the officers and men who served with the Robin Hoods during the First World War, with the intention of publishing an updated battalion history.

If you know, or believe, that a relative served with our local Nottingham territorial battalion during WW1, then please use the contact form to get in touch.

7th (Robin Hood) Battalion :: The Sherwood Foresters

www.therobinhoods.org.uk

7th Notts and Derbys - The Robin Hood Battalion. The 7th (Robin Hood) Battalion, The Sherwood Foresters (Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire Regiment) is the battalion ...

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Oct 2014 20:29

Ww1 Sherwood Foresters Pictures, Images & Photos | …

photobucket.com/images/ww1%20sherwood%20foresters#!

View the 12785 best Ww1 Sherwood Foresters Photos, Ww1 Sherwood Foresters Images, Ww1 Sherwood Foresters Pictures. Download photos or share to Facebook,

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Oct 2014 20:33

He fell onto the wire, and the next to take his place was Private Shaw, of Chesterfield. He was struck by a nose-cap of a shell and fell about 10 yards from the Lieutenant. The next one was a sergeant [L/Sergt. S Sharman] of our platoon, junior to Sergt. Wagg, of Chesterfield , and he mounted the top, when he was hit with a bullet in the back, but he was able to get back down into the trench again. Following him was Private Green of Whittington Moor. He got a long way when he was struck by pieces of shell. Then came Private Bennett, of Chesterfield. There were no N.C.O.’s to lead us, and we did not know which way to go, so Sergt. Wagg came up the trench from the rear of the platoon, which was his place. Looking over the top he saw the Lieutenant, and went out under heavy shell fire, extracted him from the wire, and pulled him into the trench again.

1-6th Battalion Sherwood Foresters - Virgin Media

homepage.ntlworld.com/mike.briggs76/1-6th%20Btn.htm

Sherwood Forester Brigade ... Prior to enlisting William Pearson and his brother Samuel worked at Masson Mills in ... Charles Gordon Shaw, Sherwood Foresters,

Vena

Vena Report 27 Oct 2014 20:34

Thankyou so much i shall check them out