Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

YDNA and descendants of Joseph Wright.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 28 Oct 2014 07:23

Over the last couple of years I have taken part in YDNA testing via FTDNA. The result for my YDNA is quite rare for the UK. I am in Haplogroup G-CTS4803, though new research shows that I belong to new branch in the ISOGG tree of G2a2b2a1b1a2a1b FGC14522.

My direct paternal ancestor was Joseph Wright, born 1795 in Kepwick and died in Osmotherley 1872. I would like to make contact with any other paternal descendants of Joseph so that I can share the YDNA results.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 28 Oct 2014 09:04

Look for him in search all member trees.

And put your tree on here, so that anyone interested can make the connection

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 28 Oct 2014 09:06

Joseph is in numerous GR trees, so try sending messages to the 'owners'

Kense

Kense Report 28 Oct 2014 10:21

You ought to consider the possibility that there may be a paternity problem in your tree even though the legal paperwork is fine.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 29 Oct 2014 13:02

Hello John and welcome to the Community Boards.

(I'll let John know how to find his replies) :-)