Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lillian Shiner/ Lillian Gertrude Brearley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

OldYorkshireBloke

OldYorkshireBloke Report 21 Jan 2015 11:49

looking at death transcription records for 2003
There are tow records identical except for the names Lillian Shiner and Lillian Gertrude Brearley
There is a marriage record for Lillian Gertrude Brearley September Quarter 1931 husband's name Shiner
I'm puzzled by the two death records, am I missing something simple?
Suggestions please

Many Thanks

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 Jan 2015 11:55

I don't know, but I just wonder if the person who registered the death may have presented documentation giving both names? eg her birth cert and later ID in married name.... or if her husband pre deceased her perhaps she reverted to her maiden name?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 21 Jan 2015 12:06

Both entries have the same reference numbers. One entry probably reflects an 'also known as' name.

Which ever name you used on an order form, you'd still end up with the same certificate.

OldYorkshireBloke

OldYorkshireBloke Report 21 Jan 2015 12:52

As long as I don't seem to be missing something blindingly obvious -

Thanks for having a look

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 21 Jan 2015 13:03

A Lillian Shiner had an Estate go to Probate - Its probably the same person

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

Surname First name Date of probate Probate number Date of death Document type Registry
SHINER LILLIAN 04 April 2003 1181890 13 February 2003 Grant and will Winchester

OldYorkshireBloke

OldYorkshireBloke Report 21 Jan 2015 18:16

Thanks for that DetEcTive