Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Perrys of Rhode Island and Virginia.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Naomi

Naomi Report 2 Feb 2015 14:23

I am trying to find a link between Captain Oliver Hazard Perry born 1785 in Rhode Island, died 1819 in Trinidad, and the Perry family from Spotsylvania Virginia USA.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 2 Feb 2015 16:15

Have you tried googling his name? There's a lot of info out there. For instance his family tree here:

http://genforum.genealogy.com/perry/messages/783.html

Naomi

Naomi Report 2 Feb 2015 17:11

Thank you Margee
I have his descendants but I can't find out which of them might be linked to the Perrys in Virginia. I have to admit that I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do next.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Feb 2015 17:44

How about searching for a Will?

The thing is, we expect that there will be a perfect paper trail leading to distant ancestors, and that its published on-line. In reality, even if it originally existed, it could have been lost, or destroyed/ravaged during the passage of time.

If you are a descendent of one or the other, there is a DNA project you might be interested in.
http://www.perry-dna.org/pages/ancestors.html

Naomi

Naomi Report 2 Feb 2015 18:25

Thank you I will look into it