Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death registrys

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosalyn

Rosalyn Report 16 Feb 2015 19:11

Can anyone tell me if any death registry's were destroyed in the same fire that destroyed the 1931 Census. .I have been looking for the death of my great aunt Mary Ann (Marian) Bluck she died sometime after 1932

Andrew

Andrew Report 16 Feb 2015 19:59

Hi Rosalyn and welcome to the message boards

BMD records are complied from local offices and are held separately from census records.

Are either of these your aunt?

Surname First name(s) Age District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deaths Mar 1933 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bluck Mary A 67 Brentford 3a 204

or maybe

Surname First name(s) Age District Vol Page

Deaths Dec 1937 (>99%)

Bluck Mary A 89 Solihull 6d 916

Andy

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 16 Feb 2015 21:23

Do you know when she was born? There is also this one:-

First name(s) MARY A
Last name BLUCK
Gender Female
Birth day -
Birth month -
Birth year 1884
Age 67
Death quarter 1
Death year 1951
District ROTHER VALLEY
County Yorkshire
Volume 2C
Page 1080

Kath. x

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 16 Feb 2015 21:51

Births Sep 1880 (>99%)
---------------------------------------------------
BLUCK Mary Ann S Poplar 1c 668

(possibly above, from 'Search All Member Trees)

Chris :)

(although)

Deaths Dec 1880 (>99%)
-------------------------------------------------
Bluck Mary Ann S 0 Poplar 1c 475

mgnv

mgnv Report 17 Feb 2015 09:56

The original register is held locally by the modern RD that took over from the original RD. At the end of each quarter, a copy of the quarter's events within the RD was made for the GRO, and sent to them - I think that none of these records were damaged during WW2. Outside the UK, some records in the Channel Islands were burnt in place of firewood during WW2 by the occupying Germans, but I don't recall if these were BMD records or parish records.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Feb 2015 10:33

We've probably all got someone who seems never to have died. There are various suggestions why their names don't seem to appear on the GRO index.

They died somewhere out of the expected area
The name was transcribed incorrectly onto the central register
The name has been transcribed incorrectly by volunteers to on-line sites eg in this case the U could look like an A or O if the typewriter key/ribbon was rather worn
Ages given are to the best of the informants knowledge. The same goes for their names.

Graham

Graham Report 17 Feb 2015 11:35

There is also the possibility that she remarried; hence she changed her name.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 17 Feb 2015 20:36

Hello Rosalyn and welcome to the Community boards....

(I'll let Rosalyn know how to find her replies) :-)