Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gov.UK

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 19 Feb 2015 16:38

I recently had help from you in obtaining information about my deceased relative Arnold Holbrook Neale and went on to obtain a copy of his will from Gov.UK . I paid £10.00 for a copy of this will and received e-mails confirming I would receive a copy in ten working days. This was on 05.01.2015. Nothing has been received and when I try to e-mail them no my e-mails are returned. Does anyone know what I can do and if the site if genuine. Thank you

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 19 Feb 2015 16:45

Presumably, you have a thread about this with the relevant info...............it would be better to add to that one, so that we can see the website info

How did you pay?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Feb 2015 16:49

This is the Genuine site
https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

Can't spot a 'contact us' link :-(

Edit - the email address on the Feedback link is [email protected]
Have you tried that one? You'd probably need to alter the email subject

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 19 Feb 2015 16:53

I wasn't aware that the Probate office dealt with customers by e-mail. I would have thought they were too busy for that

I've always had to fill in a form and send a postal application and payment

Margaret

Margaret Report 19 Feb 2015 16:57

Thank you. OK I will add to my original thread on Arnold Neale. I paid by credit card and registered through probatesearch.service.gov.uk

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Feb 2015 16:58

The Beta site is relatively new Jacqueline. Its a fantastic finding tool and free to search & view the probate calendar entries.

As long as you have a credit or debit card you can order directly from the site and (apparently) receive a copy of the Grant/Will by email. Unfortunately in this case, something has gone wrong.
The one I've seen is a Negative rather than a Positive image ie black background and white typing rather than the expected black on white.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 19 Feb 2015 17:00

Thanks for the heads up on that Detective.

Live and learn!