Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scottish Birth Certificates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 26 Mar 2015 19:56

Hello all,

Fairly new to this, Ive tried searching some other threads couldn't see anything.

Whats the proper website I can order a copy of my G.Grandads birth certificate? - (scottish)

Thank you
Emma!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Mar 2015 20:09

Here you go

http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/welcome.aspx

Its a pay-to-view site. Depending on his YOB, you'll probably be able to download the image immediately.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Mar 2015 20:10

Hi

Scottish bmds are on the website Scotlands People

It isn't a subs site you have to buy units to find the ref and then order any certs through the site. They cost £10'

Prior to circa 1911 you can see the cert online this costs more units to look at the record but you can download it

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 26 Mar 2015 20:11

Depending on date you can view scottish certs on scotlandspeople

Civil registration began in Scotland in 1855

There is a 100 year rule that you can not view a birth cert online but SP would give you the details to order the cert

£7 gets you 30 credits - 1 to do a search and 5 to view a cert

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Mar 2015 20:12

Read the 'getting started' page to make the most of the site, then the links on the right hand side
http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/Content/Help/index.aspx?r=551&1

Emma

Emma Report 27 Mar 2015 08:24

Thank you everyone for your help! :-) :-)