Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pedigree chart

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Annette

Annette Report 28 Mar 2015 16:30

Hi does anyone know if you can still print out a full pedigree chart as I can only get up 4 generations with arrow on the last name if you click on that you can get that line only extended but none of spouses :-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Mar 2015 20:59

Sorry - no you can't.

You could arrange to have your tree printed professionally, or purchase an off line tree programme. In either case you'd have to download your tree in the form of a gedcom.

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 5 Apr 2015 21:36

Try this website:
http://genoaschools.net/staff/pscline/family_tree.htm
I have used a seven generation chart from here.
Have a look.
Yvonne

Annette

Annette Report 5 Apr 2015 22:17

thank you for your comments DetEc Tive and Yvonne

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to do Yvonne, my tree is entered in Genes and I was trying to print off with the details already on there. I have got the sheets from genes that I have copied on to but my writing is naff especially when trying to fit on the little charts. But thankyou anyway always handy to know if I need anymore.
;-)

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 6 Apr 2015 12:07

Oh, sorry for being a bit dim!! Years ago I did print my tree from genes website there used to be a facility for this, I am not sure but is there a facility now for printing off sections of it? As to downloading a chart from a website, once downloaded print off a copy, scan it into documents, open up with "paint" which zooms it out, and then you can type on it quite happily!
Yvonne.

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 6 Apr 2015 12:10

Just had a quick look, right hand side of tree page there is a printer icon, move your mouse over this and it does say "print your tree"! You might need lots of paper if it is a large one!!!
Yvonne.

Annette

Annette Report 6 Apr 2015 15:20

thanks for that Yvonne I will have a go.
Regards Annette