Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Edwards Family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 26 Aug 2015 11:06

I am looking for information on a Richard Edwards from Kilmarnock Scotland. He died around 1987. I have photographs of him and relations which I would gladly hand over. I know he has English connections and was based at an Air Ship Station in Cornwall during the first World War.

I have further information which I will gladly pass on if any connection is made.

John Smillie

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Aug 2015 11:43

Hi there John - you can look for connections yourself by using the "Search" facility - top right hand corner of this page to see if Richard appears in any trees on this site - if you strike lucky you can contact the tree owner through the site

Ann x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Aug 2015 12:07

If he died in Scotland, you can order the DC through
http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/welcome.aspx
That would name all living children as known by the informant

Unfortunately, its a pay-to-view site, so without additional details it would be difficult to order the correct one. If you are not a near relative, you may not want the expense.

Other Scottish records (BMD etc & 1911 census) are held on the same site.
Transcriptions of earlier census can be accessed on GR, Ancestry and Findmypast.

John

John Report 26 Aug 2015 13:33

Thanks all for advice

JS

greyghost

greyghost Report 26 Aug 2015 13:41

By manipulating the SP website, without using credits, there would appear to be only 1 Richard Edwards born within a time frame that would make him of an age to serve in WW1 and who died 1980-1990.

The death is 1984 showing a birth year of 1898 and is in Kilmarnock RD, Ayrshire and is too recent for the certificate to be seen online.

30 credits on SP would cost you £7
1 credit would show you a list of results - (you could widen the time frame for example and see what other results come up) - and show the GRO record number you would need to order the certificate which would cost £12

greyghost

greyghost Report 26 Aug 2015 13:43

??
1901 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
51, Dean Street, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland

First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Gender Age Birth year Occupation Birth place
William J Edwards Head Married Male 31 1870 Railway & Tramway Points & Crossing Maker England
Lenna Edwards Wife Married Female 37 1864 - England
William A Edwards Son - Male 5 1896 - Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland
Richard E Edwards Son - Male 3 1898 - England

John

John Report 26 Aug 2015 21:19

thanks greyghost sounds familiar thanks to others who replied