Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lavender

lavender Report 14 Sep 2015 16:58

I'm sure the question has been asked before..

Ancestry have moved me onto the new format despite me avoiding it.

I'm not happy since I had only just got to grips with the old. Only part of my family tree has appeared.

Is it possible to move back to the old please. And how?! :-S

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Sep 2015 17:35

Go to your home page.

Find your user name at the top right of the page and hover your curser over it.
The last but one option says something along the lines of changing back to the 'old' version. You will be asked to complete a quick questionaire but after that it should change back.

Every now and again when you sign back in, you'll be asked if you want to switch to the 'Improved version'. Just click on the cross top right of the pop up box, or decline

lavender

lavender Report 14 Sep 2015 18:08

Thank you so much, Detective.

I can see that the new one has good features but just not the moment when I"m in full swing!

Many thanks :-)

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Sep 2015 22:44

Thanks for bringing this up Lavender, and for the advice Detective. Back on old version, thank goodness!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Sep 2015 22:56

There are a few other threads about this, started when the 'Improved' version was introduced. They've probably slipped down the boards since then.
Glad to have helped - pass on the message if anyone asks how to change back
;-) :-)

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Sep 2015 09:36

I've heard it said that soon we won't have a choice.

So PLEASE make sure you have and keep an up to date tree offline or on another site.

Kense

Kense Report 15 Sep 2015 11:05

As I understand it the new software only affects the way the information is displayed on the tree, it does not change data within your tree.

The biggest problem seemed to be with place names where if they are not specified fully in the tree, then the display may indicate a place with the same name but in a different country.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 15 Sep 2015 16:06

I can use new version OK, but the old one is just better, for me anyway.