Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pat Collins fairground workers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

mollib

mollib Report 25 Oct 2015 12:23

Can anyone help me please !!
How would I go about researching ancestors who worked on Pat Collins Fairgrounds with the steam engines, probably around early to mid 1920's.
Thank you in anticipation
;-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 25 Oct 2015 12:45

Not sure you'll find records of people who worked specifically for Pat Collins, general info can be found by googling 'Pat Collins Fairground' and you might come across something.

Photos

http://cdm15847.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/search/collection/p15847coll3/searchterm/named

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 25 Oct 2015 12:48

There's a fair amount in the papers about Pat and the fair.

There's an article in 1929 about Victor Davy (29) who was employed by Pat Collins. He died when he missed his footing on the 'Dragon's Roundabout'

Joseph Stanley worked for Pat Collins- he was dismissed in 1939, and later got caught throwing stones at Mrs Collins caravan- he was sentenced to 7 days hard labour.

What's the name of the people you are researching?

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 25 Oct 2015 16:12

Welcome to the Community boards Mollib.

I will let Mollib know how to find their replies :-)

mollib

mollib Report 28 Oct 2015 12:15

Thank you all for your helpful hints, I will check these out when I have some time but as I said to Cynthia with a surname like Brown to research I don't hold out much hope lol.

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 29 Oct 2015 06:43

Any particular Browns? If you can add what you know it may help searching the newspapers.