Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Maiden name

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

katqueen

katqueen Report 9 Feb 2016 18:19

I am trying to find the Christian name of the mother of Arnold William Cooper born in 1940 in South Cheshire and also the name of his father. He married Brenda Wedgewood in 1961. I know that his mother's maiden surname was Chesters. I am also interested to know if he had any siblings. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 9 Feb 2016 18:25

Cheshire Marriage indexes for the years: 1939

CHESTERS Amy COOPER Arnold Victor West Cheshire Civil Marriage or Registrar Attended

http://www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/index.php

Chris :)

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

(you can check on above)

katqueen

katqueen Report 9 Feb 2016 18:28

Thanks Chris. That was quick work! Should be able to search for possible siblings now

katqueen

katqueen Report 9 Feb 2016 19:02

Have been searching but am unable to find anything conclusive for the birth and death dates of Amy Chesters so am also having no success with siblings for Arnold William. Can anyone help me further please.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 9 Feb 2016 19:49

Name Arnold W Cooper
Event Type Birth Registration
Registration Quarter Jul-Aug-Sep
Registration Year 1940
Registration District West Cheshire
County Cheshire
Event Place West Cheshire, Cheshire, England
Mother's Maiden Name (not available before 1911 Q3) Chesters
Volume 8A
Page 1112
Line Number 110

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 9 Feb 2016 19:50

John A Cooper 1954 - mother Chesters

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Feb 2016 20:07

these people are probably still alive !

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Feb 2016 21:45

Arnold looks to have remarried in 1953 so tracing a death or remarriage for Amy will be tough.

Rose

katqueen

katqueen Report 10 Feb 2016 14:13

If Arnold remarried in 1953 am guessing that John A cooper born 1954 is unlikely to be his child but still being named Cooper suggests that Amy had not at that time remarried. I see he remarried again in 1983 and died in 1986 [am remembering those dates off the top of my head so they may be wrong!]

Derick

Derick Report 10 Feb 2016 21:11

Have you tried contacting Arnold W Cooper or Brenda Cooper to try to get answers to your questions? I notice that they are listed in the electoral roles that you can search on GenesReunited, so you shoild be able to acquire a recent address.
Derick.

katqueen

katqueen Report 11 Feb 2016 17:15

I am unable to acquire my answers from this source but thank you for the suggestion Derick.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Feb 2016 17:53

If you mean you don't have access to the current electoral roll, you could search the free site
http://www.freeelectoralroll.co.uk/Electoral_Roll_Search.asp
Then cross reference the surname and post code on 192.com using the free search. That will tell you which years from 2002 they were/are resudent. You can also search the Internet for the full address. if it's been sold since the last ER entry, it usually comes up on estate agent listings or zoopla.

Of course, we can appreciate if you didn't wish to make direct contact with the people named.

katqueen

katqueen Report 12 Feb 2016 17:29

I mean that I do not wish to have contact with the people mentioned for personal reasons but thank you for your helpful suggestions.