Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Evacuees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

William

William Report 23 Aug 2020 15:17

Is it possible that a list of WW2 child evacuees etc exists for each of our major cities etc....my mother & her sister were evacuated from Manchester to North Wales, I know the place etc, but was looking for more info to fill in the gaps etc.......Cheers in
advance

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Aug 2020 16:08

You'll find information here:

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/evacuees/

But the above includes this -
"There are no lists or registers of evacuees available online.."

The 1939 Register shows many evacuees at whatever address they were evacuated to - but there's no central list.

Individual schools or local authorities might perhaps have something. You'd have to contact them.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Aug 2020 19:54

I was evacuated with my elder brother and sister from London to Kent

My sister and I were at one address and brother two doors away

Fortunately I stayed in touch with my foster parents and their daughter born after the war so I know the address were lived

Names and date of births should find them providing the records have been opened