Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John O'Hara .... again

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marie

Marie Report 14 Jul 2007 22:10

Hello People I have found a possible on the IGI for my John O'Hara but how do I clarify that it is him ? He was born in Ireland, approx 1839. Thankyou for any help Marie x

Marie

Marie Report 14 Jul 2007 22:31

Unfortunately I don't have either...I'm really struggling with this family. All I know is that he married a girl called Jane and had three children and lived in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Marie

Marie Report 14 Jul 2007 22:31

The one I found on the IGI was born 1838 and married Jane Montgomery.

Joy

Joy Report 14 Jul 2007 22:32

It is always difficult when it is before civil registration started. Can you give us more details, please, ie his parents and the geographical area on the IGI?

Marie

Marie Report 14 Jul 2007 22:35

Sorry am being kicked off pc, will defo check back tomorrow. Thanks xx

Joy

Joy Report 14 Jul 2007 22:36

Oh. Sorry. I'll have to have a think.

Marie

Marie Report 15 Jul 2007 16:08

nudge for me :)

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 15 Jul 2007 18:19

Hi Mags, What about these two on IGI 1. John O'Hara - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Birth: About 1838 Ballymena,Of, Kirkinriola, Antrim, Ireland 2. John O'Hara - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Birth: 1839 , Armagh, Ireland What his wife's name, were they married in Ireland?? If so were any of the children born in Ireland info will be on the census in England.?? Betty

Marie

Marie Report 16 Jul 2007 08:09

Hello Betty It was the 1839 Armagh one that I was looking at but I don't know when they married ! I am presuming that it was in England as their children were all born in Newcastle upon Tyne. I am awaiting one of their childrens' birth certs so hopefully this will give me Johns wifes' maiden name. ( I just know her as Jane O'Hara at the mo) Marie x

Sandra

Sandra Report 16 Jun 2012 13:50

I have a John O'Hara from Co. Antrim, born c1832 who married Jane Montgomery 17 Sep 1863 in Kirkinriola, Ballymena, Antrim. They emigrated to Victoria, Australia, arriving February 1864.
I am trying to find some record of John's parents. I know their names are Charles O'Hara and Ellen (looks like) McHanrahan. Can't find any proof of their existance in Ireland. HELP !!!!!