Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1881 Census Amelia Wanklin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 12 Jul 2007 18:08

I not having much luck today first cant find great grandfather in 1901 now cant find great nan in 1881. I am searching for Amelia Wanklin (wankling,Wanklyn) born 1862 Warwickshire. Mother name Emma and father Edward although Edward died 1876. Thanks Libby

Julie

Julie Report 12 Jul 2007 18:12

1871 for ref Amelia Wankling Age: 9 Estimated birth year: abt 1862 Relation: Daughter Father's name: Edward Mother's name: Emma Gender: Female Where born: Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Civil parish: Aston Ecclesiastical parish: St Matthew Town: Duddeston Cum Nechells County/Island: Warwickshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Aston Sub-registration district: Duddeston ED, institution, or vessel: 27 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 164 Household Members: Name Age Lavinia Smith 22 William Smith 22 William Smith 2 Amelia Wankling 9 Edward Wankling 44 Edward Wankling 19 Emily Wankling 5 Emma Wankling 42 Samuel Wankling 17

Diane

Diane Report 12 Jul 2007 18:13

Yes Julie, thats the family. Libby

Julie

Julie Report 12 Jul 2007 18:21

Libby tried every way i can think of and can't find any of them Julie

Diane

Diane Report 12 Jul 2007 18:24

Nor me only in 1891 when Amelia was married but mother was living with her. Thanks for taking the time. x Libby

Kate

Kate Report 12 Jul 2007 23:47

Have you discounted this one? Is it possible that Amelia had another first name? 181 Coventry Road, Aston, Birmingham, Warwickshire Susanna Angell Head Wid 57 Takes Care of Houses b. Warwick Birmingham Helena A Angell Daur Unm 29 Schoolmistress b. Warwick Birmingham William Banford Brother Unm 60 Jeweller b. Warwick Birmingham Ann Manns (?) Visitor Unm 30 Schoolmistress b. Warwick Birmingham Mary A Wankling Serv Unm 16 General Servant Domestic b. Warwick Birmingham

Diane

Diane Report 13 Jul 2007 09:52

Kate, Amelia was definately her first name. It seems strange because I can not find any of her immediate family in the 1881 census, I know she married William Stubbs Nov 1881 Aston so she must still be in the area. And her sister Emily married 1882 . Transcribers must have really messed up with the surname on this one, unless this is one of the years and areas that are missing. Libby

Diane

Diane Report 7 Aug 2012 12:46

Hi All,

Still after 5 years i am unable to find any of the previous mentioned family. If any one can help would be extremely grateful. Thanks in advance. x

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 7 Aug 2012 20:40

Marriages Dec 1881 (>99%)

Barker Caroline Aston 6d 447
COLOFFE Charles Aston 6d 447
STUBBS William Henry Aston 6d 447
Wanklin Amelia Aston 6d 447 <<<<<

So she hadn't moved out of the area.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 8 Aug 2012 14:41

Do you have an address for her from the marriage cert?
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 8 Aug 2012 14:43

Here is Amelia 1891 - so Emma is still alive, and has not re-married:

1891 England Census

Name: Amelia Stubbe
[Amelia Stubbs]
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1861
Relation: Wife
Spouse's Name: William H Stubbe
Where born: Birmingham

Civil parish: Yardley