Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fife Families

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 4 Feb 2007 09:04

Having read through the other boards I have noticed that there is a fair few people searching for people with the names Herd, Dunsire, Burt, Hutton etc These families all originated from the Wemyss area in Fife, (well a fair few of them did) and I did a case study on them not that long ago, and would be happy to share info with anyone struggling to complete their tree, or struggling to find census, birth, death info. anyone interested on sharing info then feel free to contact me on here.

Dean

Dean Report 17 Jan 2008 21:46

I am looking for information on Jane Herd Married to Andrew Murray in west wemyss. He was born in 1847.

any information would be great if you still have it.

Thanks
Wendy

Fian

Fian Report 17 Jan 2008 23:00

Hi
I am trying to trace information on my 3rd great grandmother Janet Hutton she married George Greig and she was born in Aberdour fife on her death certificate it gives georges parents names and i was heart broken as i am now desperate to find her parents. I think she was orphaned very young as she is on the 1841 census as living with the patterson family aged 7 I have no idea who the pattersons are if they where relations or just a kind family who took her in, if you have any information on her or her family would you please let me know
Thank you so much for your time and effort.
Fian

Julia

Julia Report 26 Jun 2008 23:06

hi there

looking for information on the herd family from Carnbee in particular the parents of Andrew Herd born 20th July 1706 his wife was Isabel Scot.

any help appreciated

thanks so much

julia