Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Found Birth entry & marriage entry - how do I find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Star

Star Report 12 Jan 2007 12:14

Benjamin was born in the surname Fullward in Dudley 1863 apr/may/jun, but he later became Benjamin Fullard. I found a marriage in 1900 oct/nov/dec - Benjamin Fullard Dudley 6c 228........how would I find the wife with these numbers, when I don't have a forename or surname? Thanks in advance Stella

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 12 Jan 2007 12:18

The two possible spouses in that marriage are Hannah Flavell and Mary Ann Giles Have you found Benjamin in 1901?

Star

Star Report 12 Jan 2007 12:21

Thanks Jeanette....that was quick!!!! No, I don't think I have found him in 1901, in 1881 he was living with parents. Stella X

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 12 Jan 2007 12:33

Looks like it's Hannah could this be a second marriage for both Benjamin and Hannah? And a nice mistranscription too! 1901 Name: Benjamin Fullwood Age: 38 Estimated birth year: abt 1863 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Hannah Gender: Male Where born: Sedgley, Staffordshire, England Civil parish: Sedgley Ecclesiastical parish: Sedgley All Saints County/Island: Staffordshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Dudley Sub-registration district: Sedgley ED, institution, or vessel: 4 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 101 Household Members: Name Age Edward Fillwood 8 Isaac Fillwood 6 Arthur Flavell 15 Daisy Flavell 4 Joseph Flavell 9 Paul Flavell 11 Violet Flavell 13 Benjamin Fullwood 38 Hannah Fullwood 38 Address is 5 Evans Court, Sedgley and Benjamin gives his occupation as Furnaceman at Iron Works

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 12 Jan 2007 12:43

Looks like it could be a second marriage! 1891 Name: Benjamin Fullwood Age: 27 Estimated birth year: abt 1864 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Maria Gender: Male Where born: Sedgley, Staffordshire, England Civil parish: Sedgley Ecclesiastical parish: Sedgley Town: Sedgley County/Island: Staffordshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Dudley Sub-registration district: Sedgley ED, institution, or vessel: 4 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Benjamin Fullwood 27 Maria Fullwood 29 Address is Tower Street, Sedgley and Benjamin's occupation is Pudler

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 12 Jan 2007 12:52

1891 Name: Paul S Flavel Age: 1 Estimated birth year: abt 1890 Relation: Son Father's name: Thomas Mother's name: Hannah Gender: Male Where born: Sedgley, Staffordshire, England Civil parish: Sedgley Ecclesiastical parish: Sedgley All Saints Town: Sedgley County/Island: Staffordshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Dudley Sub-registration district: Sedgley ED, institution, or vessel: 4 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Arthur Flavel 5 Hannah Flavel 28 Paul S Flavel 1 Thomas Flavel 28 Voilet Flavel 3 Address is Beacon Passage Sedgley and Thomas is a Furnace Labourer

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 12 Jan 2007 12:58

Here's another Mistranscription for you then Stella! This looks like Benjamin's first marriage Surname First name(s) District Vol Page -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Marriages Jun 1889 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carrier Joseph John Dudley 6c 139 Fulwood Benjamin Dudley 6c 139 NOKES Eliza Dudley 6c 139 Perry Maria Dudley 6c 139

Star

Star Report 12 Jan 2007 12:59

Oh Wow!!! Thankyou ladies!!!!! It is so confusing, I don't know whether i'm looking for a Fullard, Fullwood or Fullward, which is just some of the mistranscriptions that I have come accross!!!! Thanks, Kind regards, Stella X

TooBusyIWontReplySorry

TooBusyIWontReplySorry Report 12 Jan 2007 14:11

First Marriage is to Maria Perry: Benjamin Fullwood Age: 27 Estimated birth year: abt 1864 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Maria Gender: Male Where born: Sedgley, Staffordshire, England Civil parish: Sedgley Ecclesiastical parish: Sedgley Town: Sedgley County/Island: Staffordshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Dudley Sub-registration district: Sedgley ED, institution, or vessel: 4 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Benjamin Fullwood 27 Maria Fullwood 29

TooBusyIWontReplySorry

TooBusyIWontReplySorry Report 12 Jan 2007 14:15

And here's Maria's family from 1881 census: Name: Maria Perry Age: 18 Estimated birth year: abt 1863 Relation: Daughter Father's name: Edward Mother's name: Julia Gender: Female Where born: Sedgley, Staffordshire, England Civil parish: Sedgley County/Island: Staffordshire Country: England Street address: 19 Stone St Education: Employment status: View image Occupation: Nail Maker Registration district: Dudley Sub-registration district: Sedgley ED, institution, or vessel: 4 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Ann Perry 8 Dennis Perry 10 Edward Perry 47 Edward Perry 14 Julia Perry 47 Maria Perry 18 Simeon Perry Thomas Perry 16

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Jan 2007 14:35

The full page of the marriage reg'n referred to............. Hannah Flavell 1900 Oct-Nov-Dec Dudley (To 1912) Staffordshire, Worcestershire Benjamin Fullard 1900 Oct-Nov-Dec Dudley (To 1912) Staffordshire, Worcestershire Mary Ann Giles 1900 Oct-Nov-Dec Dudley (To 1912) Staffordshire, Worcestershire William Dominic Wise 1900 Oct-Nov-Dec Dudley (To 1912) Staffordshire, Worcestershire When you find an entry transcribed on either Ancestry or freebmd.........just click on the page number to find the other names on the page............. Name: Benjamin Fullard Year of Registration: 1900 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec District: Dudley (To 1912) County: Staffordshire, Worcestershire Volume: 6c Page: 223 (click to see others on page) Reg

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 10 Mar 2011 20:24

The Benjamin Fullwood above, is my Great grandfather, he married twice, Edward and Isaac ( my Grandfather) were the children of ben and Maria.I would be interested to know where they fit in to your tree, and are we related??
Regards
Jackie

mgnv

mgnv Report 11 Mar 2011 00:24

Normally, when you get a hit on FreeBMD, you just click on the page # to see the other folks listed on this page. This normally includes his spouse, plus usually just one other guy and his spouse. Normally, there's no saying who wed whom.

However, if the local rego office has their own index online, this usually sorts this out. See:
http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/local_bmd
(assuming that the church has been transcribed). E.g.:

West Midlands Marriage indexes for the years: 1889
Surname Forename(s) Surname Forename(s) Church / Register Office Registers At Reference
FULWOOD Benjamin PERRY Maria Sedgley, All Saints Dudley Register Office 216/017/85

West Midlands Marriage indexes for the years: 1900
Surname Forename(s) Surname Forename(s) Church / Register Office Registers At Reference
FULLARD Benjamin FLAVELL Hannah Dudley Register Office Dudley Register Office DRO/021/142

NB Dudley Register Office in the Church / Register Office column should not be taken literally.
It probably was a rego office marr, but this is really the Dudley Registrar's register.
It would cover all rego office marrs, but it would also cover non-conformist marrs that he was required to attend.
Post 1898, this would mostly just be RC marrs.

Although W Midlands doesn't, some local indices give extra info, like exact date of marr, mum's MS pre 1911q3, age at death pre 1866q1.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 11 Mar 2011 14:20

Hello Jackie,

The thread you have replied to is two years old and it is doubtful that the poster will return to see your reply.

You can try clicking on their name and sending your message that way. If they still have the same email address, they will be notified.

If that fails, then you can put the name of the family you are researching into the Search Tree box above to see if anyone else on this site has them in their tree. If you find a connection, you can contact the tree owner.

If you would like help with your research, then why not start a thread of your own? Take a look at the Help Clinic - above left - for further info. Cx

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 11 Mar 2011 18:07

Cynthia, I thought your arithmetic was better than that - it's more than 4 years old!

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 11 Mar 2011 18:12

I realised after I had posted....but, you're right - my maths are rubbish!!

Cx.